Re: Celtics Trade Rumor Du Jour: Othella Harrington

Cecil Wright wrote:

> OH: 13.1ppg, .506fg%, .792ft%, 6.9rpg, 1.2apg, .4spg, .7bpg
> VP:    9.2ppg, .499fg%, .681ft%, 6.3rpg, 1.0apg, .5spg, .4bpg
>
> What's not to like about Harrington's numbers?  And playing with Shareef,
> Dickerson and Bibby, I doubt he was often the first option.

This is not meant so much as commentary as just my adding another relevant
set of numbers.

VP  22.7mpg
OH 32.6mpg

I know it doesn't work this way, but with 32.6 minutes per game, VP numbers
work out to over 9 boards per game and over 13 points. In other words V is
becoming a  pretty strong rebounder, or Harrington is a bit below average on
a per minute basis, or both.

V's also fifty to sixty pounds heavier than Othella and reportedly one of the
strongest men in the NBA.

But still Othella Harrington does have good numbers, I can't dispute that.
You gotta love a bigman who works hard enough to be an 80% FT shooter.

OH was reportedly an amazing prep phenom, and considered by Georgetown at one
time to be the second coming of Ewing/Zo/Mutombo. He just never grew (or
wasn't as tall as advertised) and once Iverson and guys like Don Reid arrived
at Georgetown he lost all confidence on offense for some reason.

--------