Eastern tiers

I suggest there are three tiers of teams as we enter season 2000.
First tier:  Miami and only Miami.  By adding Eddie Jones they have
the stuff to beat everyone else consistently.

Second tier:  Indiana, New York, Milwaukee, Philly, Orlando (maybe),
and Boston.

Third tier:  Boston (maybe), New Jersey (until they prove something),
Toronto, and Charlotte.  These will contend for the eighth spot.

All the others are dead meat.  Seen this way, as optimists see it,
the Celtics can contend for the upper division.

Gene