Globe: Celts want Chris Carr

So what does anyone think about this?  Well, he's young, but experienced,
athletic player that would fit right into Pitino's plans, and I think he'd
be a great fit for the team even though he has a low FG% (barely 40%)

I also realize that he was playing on the Bulls so although he averaged 9.3
pts a game, he was playing on a team that was getting blown out half the
time.

He averaged 20.5 minutes per game and would be agreat fit for our second
unit I believe.

I'm not sure if we could get him though, with the other teams competing for
him, but then again maybe he'll pull a Wahad put the C's at the top of the
list.

But hopefully unlike Wahad, we'll get him to play for us!

Read the article.

Josh F

Celtics shop for new Carr
Pitino in need of some insurance

By Shira Springer, Globe Staff, 8/18/2000

Efforts to improve the Celtics did not stop with the official announcement
of a nine-player, four-team trade Wednesday. The Boston brass has always
been interested in adding an athletic shooting guard. Chris Carr emerged as
the leading candidate for the position, though the team recently auditioned
Chris Robinson and Brandon Williams.

''I'd like to get another scorer in case Paul [Pierce] gets hurt with a mild
ankle injury,'' said Celtics president and coach Rick Pitino. ''He's had two
ankle injuries the past two years. We'd like to see Chris Carr in a Celtic
uniform. We're after him like other teams are after him. He's being heavily
recruited by five other teams. We don't have a timetable. It's the
player's.''

Last season, free agent Carr, 26, started with Golden State and finished
with Chicago. Carr, who went to Southern Illinois, averaged 9.3 points per
game, 1.5 assists, and 2.3 rebounds in 57 games. He shot 39.5 percent (196
for 496) from the field.

Over a five-year NBA career, the 6-foot-6-inch, 220-pounder averaged 6.9
points per game, 1.1 assists, and 2.3 rebounds. His career field goal
percentage stands at 41.3 percent.