RE: Trade

Why would anyone think this was a negative trade?  A #1, even if it's the
last pick of the round, is better than nothing.  Pack and Williams are
irrelevant because they come of the cap next year.  If Pack plays for us,
that's gravy.  If not, no big deal - the roster is full anyway.

I, for one, wouldn't want Marshall's contract.  He would not have a position
here anyway and we already have enough poor shooters.

A 1st round pick may help us move up next year and get Curry at the best,
and at the worst, you take a high-schooler like the guy Utah selected this
year.

And this is negative.  If someone put all the names of the players that were
moved on this list in front of me and told me I could have my pick, I'd take
any player whose salary was up at the end of the year but my very first
choice would be to get a 1st round pick.

That's my take, this was a good trade for Rick.  We would have gotten
long-term unmovable contracts in the form of a Marshall or a Childs.  You'd
rather have that or keep Fortson for $6/year for 7 years?  I say no thanks
and this outcome was better than anything I expected so I give this trade
two big thumbs up.