Re: Barros' Condition could Nix Trade

----- Original Message -----  From: Joe Hironaka <j.hironaka@unesco.org>

> This does look bad....a three month, possible career-ending injury.
Gaston
> better be willing to give back the three million dollars to try to make
this
> deal work out.

I don't see what difference this makes at all.  Half of the players in the
trade, Barros included, were only there to make the cap figures work.
Dallas doesn't want him to play for them, and would be lucky to get any
takers for him, even if he's healthy.  Besides, Hot Rod is probably in worse
condition than Barros, and Pack seemingly hasn't been healthy for two
continuous weeks his entire career.  Perhaps Dallas would use this
information to try to squeeze back some of the cash they have promised to
Boston, but Cuban has deep pocket, and if Dallas really want Eisley I don't
see him letting a measley 3 million dollars get in the way.  Besides, do you
think these teams want to start this process all over again?  I'd call his
bluff.

Jim