Re: props to Team Pitino

    Yeah I seriously doubt Pitino could have shopped Alvin Williams and Sean Marks for both a first rounder and Robert Pack. :-)  Pitino did a good job letting the market define Fortson's value, rather than jumping to his own conclusions.

    But the real reason we got any kind of return on Fortson is because of this year's 2.25 million limit on veteran free agent slots. Remove that from the equation or raise it to 4 million (which happens next summer I believe) and Fortson would have walked away for nothing I'm quite sure. He was a free agent after all.