Fortson out west

Just a thought, but I wonder if the mystery team from the Western Conference
might be the Rockets. They have a trade exception, so they could take
Fortson's salary while giving little or nothing (a pick) in return. They
also have a need, because their only power forwards are Kenny Thomas and
Jason Collier-hardly all-star material.

If I'm not mistaken, the Rockets picked up Milwaukee's first-round pick for
next year in the Przybilla-Collier exchange (that one still baffles me), so
they might be willing to include a pick. It figures to be a
mid-to-late-first-rounder, but I'd think the Celts would be thrilled with
that.

I don't see a real player match with the Rockets, although I admittedly know
very little about that roster. Just seems like a natural. Plus, the Rockets
were trying to land Mo Taylor with that exception, but it now appears Taylor
will sign with Seattle (eliminating another Fortson suitor). So, having lost
out on Taylor, maybe they will turn their attention to Fortson.

I'd still wager that Fortson settles for the $2.25 mill exception with
either NY or GS, but stranger things have happened.

Just more baseless speculation, but what else do we have these days?

Mark