Re: Red Alert: C's Talking Big Trade With Portland

----- Original Message -----
From: <nevans@knox.edu>

> Have you heard anything about the players involved? We know that pitino
> loves pippen... did pippen burn any bridges in portland?
>
> What I'd guess though is a Stoudamire and O'Neal for Walker and
> Anderson. I think that matches roughly under the cap(is stoudamire
> still a base year?).

I'll guess that Jermaine O'neal is the main object of Pitino's affections.
I wouldn't think Pippen is attractive anymore, but you never know.  I'd
think that, if O'neal is in the mix, Pitino will be offering Potapenko.  I'd
guess the other names are less significant.  If that's the case, Pitino's
probably offering picks, too.  This would nearly complete the transformation
to an athletic pressing team, with Kenny being the lone exception.
Presumably there's no chance of Kenny going back to Portland?  Then again,
we might be talking about Walker and Brian Grant being the other two
players.

Jim