Re: Red Alert: C's Talking Big Trade With Portland

On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 07:23:40PM -0400, Way Of The Ray wrote:
> says the Celtics are discussing a two for two deal with Portland
> involving Big Time Players that "will raise eyebrows because of

Have you heard anything about the players involved? We know that pitino
loves pippen... did pippen burn any bridges in portland?

What I'd guess though is a Stoudamire and O'Neal for Walker and
Anderson. I think that matches roughly under the cap(is stoudamire
still a base year?). I'm not sure I like it though. It would definitely
give us shotblocking in O'Neal and a gunner in Stoudamire(although we know
how much Pitino loves small point guards). We lose a good rebounder and
okay offensive player in Antoine and a mediocre point guard in
Kenny. Would that make way for Forston to resign? Maybe Pitino would trade
Stoudamire again? Maybe to the pacers. But really I'm just making wild
speculation.

Noah