Re: more good news

Thndrblt31@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 8/7/00 1:40:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> OzerskyJA@cmog.org writes:
>
> << Antoine showed up at the half of the Nike Real Run league game and dropped
> 42 points in the 2nd half, including the winning 3 with two guys on him.
> Pierce dropped
> 42 as well. >>
>
> Well, to make it sound more dramatic, Walker score those 42 in 23 minutes
> after fighting LA traffic to get to the game late.  He scored the winner with
> Pierce right in his face.  Here is the article.

  It doesn't sound like a lot of defense was being played in that game.
133-131?  In regulation?  The 42 in 23 isn't as impressive to me as
the 3 straight 3-pointers at crunch time.  What that says to me is that
Walker has been working on his 3.  Maybe this year he'll hit a decent
enough percentage to justify all the 3's he takes.  Wouldn't that be nice?
That would REALLY change the result of a lot of those close losses from
last year.  If Walker had hit 40% of his 3's last year, the Celtics might
have won another 5-10 games... possibly good enough for a low playoff spot.

  It also means he's not horribly out of shape, which is a good sign with
training camp in a few weeks.  Of course being not out-of-shape and being
in Pitino-shape are 2 different things entirely.

On another note:
  Josh Ozersky, your defense of Potapenko seemed to me to be a much
better assessment of Potapenko than the messages you were responding to.

  There seem to be a lot of "grass-is-always-greener-on-the-other-side"
types on this list.  When you only see highlight films of the guys on
other teams, it's easy to get enomored with their strengths and to overlook
their weaknesses.  It's also easy to overemphasize the weaknesses of your
own players whose mistakes you see all the time.

Jon Mc