Re: Celts pull back on Fort deal, Fort may take exception

Thanks for posting this Josh.

This doesn't really come as any great surprise to anyone, does it? Boston
made the $4 million offer to Fortson only because 1.) they knew he wouldn't
accept it; and 2.) to try and increase his value to get something in return.
He's not coming back, and he never was. The question is, would you rather
get Childs/Del Negro, or let him walk for nothing. With Brown signing, the
Celts have no need for those players, so I hope they let him walk. Don't
take on any more contracts.

By the way, I, for one, will be glad to see him go.

Mark

P.S. Don't nominate Derek Anderson for sainthood just yet. Sounds like he
might back out of that commitment to San Antonio so he can get a
sign-and-trade deal to Portland. And remember, his first choice was a
big-money sign-and-trade to Denver, not exactly a contender.

Speaking of the Portland deal, the bait appears to be Jermaine O'Neal. If
that happens, is there any chance of a match with the Celts?