Re: Looks Like A Bimbo Eruption As Coles Close To Signing

I quick Bimbo vignette.  In the book, "Balling", Latrtell Sprewell
mentioned that the reason he ended up so deep in PJs dog house was that he
laughed when Bimbo came to the sidelines during a Laker Blowout and said,
"Man, thats it, I'm going to foul out of this mother****er"

Don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Ellie Cutler wrote:

> I remember that Coles was one of the guards the C's were seriously looking at
> the year we drafted Dee Brown.  Good defender, steady guy, decent height. He
> was also a baseball draft pick - maybe our first since Ainge...
>
> Hey Ray, do you have access to the story queues at the Herald or what??
>
>  --Ellie
>
> At 03:39 PM 08/02/2000 -0400, Way Of The Ray wrote:
> >8.2.2000
> >CELTICS
> >Coles mulling Celts' offer
> >BOSTON -- Free-agent guard Bimbo Coles, who spent last season with
> >Atlanta, was weighing an offer from Boston yesterday that he appeared to
> >be close to accepting. The Celtics have offered Coles their $2.25
> >million salary cap exception slot, and team officials and Coles spent
> >yesterday negotiating a contract.
> >
> >Coles is also considering Cleveland and Atlanta, but moving to Boston
> >appeared to be his first choice. The Celtics were also chasing Chicago
> >Bulls free agent Randy Brown.
> >
> >The Celtics did sign Mark Blount, a 7-foot center from Pittsburgh who's
> >spent the last three seasons in minor league basketball. Terms were not
> >disclosed, but Blount likely received a minimum contract for this season
> >with an option for a second season.
> >
> >The Celtics are also exploring a way to get something in return for free
> >agent forward Danny Fortson. The team apparently does not want to retain
> >Fortson even though it lacks the rebounding presence Fortson provides.
> >Other teams, namely Golden State, have interest in Fortson and the
> >Celtics could sign Fortson to a contract and then trade him for a player
> >or draft picks.
> >

> >-- KEVIN McNAMARA

	  Dave Wickerham
	  aw623@freenet.buffalo.edu