Swift may be leaving

The list is so slow, I'll throw this out there...

Sounds like LSU's Stromile Swift-a McDyess type Leo Papile raved about early
in the college season-is going to enter the draft, contrary to statements he
made during the NCAA Tourney. He'll be a top-four pick. I think this puts
four frontcourt players into the lottery that would have tremendous interest
to the Celts-Mihm, Pryzbilla, Martin and Swift. Mihm and Pryzbilla are
centers, Martin and Swift are power forwards. Now, none of them will be
around when we pick at 10 or 11, but these are names to keep in mind if the
Celts make a move for a higher pick.

Of course, the addition of a guy like Swift helps the Celts even if they
don't move up by knocking a better player down to them. Speculating on the
late lottery picks is foolish at this point because so much is determined by
individual workouts, but it can only help the Celts when the Swifts of the
world declare (unless you're already looking ahead to next year's draft).

Anyway, I'll predict the guy hurt the most by Swift coming out is Marcus
Fizer. His size rings warning bells anyway, and with Martin, Mihm and Swift
available early, it wouldn't surprise me to see Fizer slip a little. He
reminds me a little too much of Coriss Williamson.

Mark