RE: Chris Wallace (Part I)

I'll take McCoy but I'd take Mo Peterson over any of those draft picks you
listed.  In fact, I think the draftees you listed would all be reaches at
#10.  There is no point guard worthy of a #1 pick when you could net Hart,
Sanchez or Santangelo in the 2nd round IMHO.  I'd completely stay away from
Magliore who I don't think will be anything more than a bench warmer in the
pros.

I would take Miller 1st, Mo Peterson 2nd and despite being unpopular would
take Darius Miles 3rd.  I'm not sure any of these players will be around if
we draft but Mo Peterson will likely be the best choice to still be around.
The Celtics are not so strong at any position that I think you absolutely
have to take the player with the best chance at being an all-pro.  That is
probably Miles.  Miller - it's hard to say - does he have more upside than
Van Horn?...which is a nice segue into this question.  Would anyone do a
deal sending Walker and Fortson to the Nets for Van Horn and Gill?  I think
we might need another player or a 2nd round pick but Gill is the tall point
guard (or 3rd guard in a rotation) that Pitino publicly covets.  I think
most people put Walker's potential above Van Horn but I fear Walker despite
his young age might turn into Marc Aguirre.  If he comes to camp this year
and we can't visibly tell he had a dynamic off-season work-out regimen then
his game will likely digress and he'll have a poor 75% season and come on
down the stretch when the Celts are out of the play-off picture.  If he does
not come to camp in shape and logs another year which pales in comparison to
his rookie year then he becomes an anchor here because he'll be untradeable.
He may be tradeable now (as KA might be too) so I still favor the AW+KA+#1
to LA Clippers for Kandi,DA and their #1.  Regardless of what happens, Celts
will need to revamp this roster by at least 4 players but maybe 6 if
anything, just to change the character.  This group has been together now
for almost three years and losing becomes contagious (see LA Clippers).  Of
course, trading with the LA Clippers contradicts that theory but to get a
high #1 would be the swing vote.  Of course, perhaps the Celts will finally
be blessed with a ping pong ball bouncing their way.  Then they'll be a ton
of activity on who the Celts should take!

I'm sure my opinion(s) are probably unpopular but there needs to be radical
change here.  No one is untouchable - I thought PP was after his rookie year
but I'd let him go in the right deal (especially if the Clips were foolish
enough to trade Odom - I don't think that will ever happen)

http://celtics.rivals.com/default.asp?p=2&sid=578&stid=191623