RE: Misc

First time post, my thoughts:

1) Disappointing year and I don't believe Pierce has improved that much from
his rookie year.  During his rookie year, he was right there with V.Carter
for rookie of the year and since that you can see whose game has elevated.
In fact, Nitkowski, whom Pitino coveted, had a much better year than Pierce
when you consider the year over year improvement.  Pierce needs to learn
defense.  My question is: once you are a bad defender, how do you work on
that part of the game or is it the system?  I sure hope the Celtics can get
Shane Battier in next years draft with Denver's #1 (assuming they don't make
the playoffs next year) who is an awesome defender and his game has really
rounded out.

2) If we don't make any trades, and the ping-pong balls don't bounce the
Celt's way, then I'd draft Mihm if he is there (which I doubt) - otherwise,
I hope Mo Peterson of Mich. State is available.  I'm not big on any of the
point guards available, at least not in the top 10.  I'd draft Matt
Santangelo in the 2nd round if he is available.