Re: Kenny Anderson

It does hurt us that Tony is not a more effective shot
blocker, no question.  But Kenny is a mediocre
defender at best, and shutting down the opposing
team's point guard is far more important defensively
than protecting the rim against penetrators.  A shot
blocker would just make up for Kenny's deficiencies.
Vitaly is a pretty good defender at center; Tony can
be as well.  But all this is only part of the problem
defensively.  Kenny is a big part of why we can't
press.  A more sturdy and aggressive guard would allow
a unit of Pierce, Griffin, Walker, and Battie to press
instead of being stuck playing a man to man halfcourt
D that plays to our weakness rather than on strength.
And of course on offense, Kenny's ball-pounding,
walk-it-up, don't give up the ball unless you have to
style has completely stagnated the offense.  It's so
frustrating because he's one of the most talented
passers in the game.  If only played with the same
attitude as Tyus Edney.