Fortson issue a key one

Do you believe his spin?

http://www.bostonherald.com/sport/basketball/cnots04132000.htm
Fortson issue a key one
One of the major decisions facing Celtics coach Rick Pitino and general
manager Chris Wallace this summer involves Fortson. They must decide
whether they want to re-sign the free-agent power forward, who was
acquired last August in the deal that sent Ron Mercer to Denver.
The Celtics traded Fortson to Toronto in February, but the deal was
voided the following day when Alvin Williams failed his physical
examination.
``We have all intentions of signing Danny,'' Pitino said. ``We traded
for him because we liked him. Red (Auerbach) loved him. The coaches
loved him.
``I didn't ever want to trade Danny. It was his desire because he wasn't
playing minutes. Now he's playing more and I'm sure he's happier. His
attitude has improved tremendously and that's what I've asked of him in
the last 15-18 games, to keep positive at all times.''