Re: patience and stability

>If the Celtics keep a pat hand, he said, ``all we're going to do is be a
>little wiser with the same basketball team, and a little wiser maybe means
>five or six more wins. But it's not going to get us over the hump. We've got
>to get over this hump right now.''<<
>http://www.bostonherald.com/sport/basketball/celts04102000.htm

Do you disagree with him, Tom? Do you actually think that this team, with
this talent, is ever going to compete for anthing other than 8th playoff
spot? I think he's made some horrible mistakes acquiring players and he'd a
be a fool to come back with the same team. Red couldn't win with that
bench. Pitino's been a horrible gm. Perhaps the solution is to keep him on
the court and out of the front office. But I just don't believe he wins
anything but the 8th spot at best with this current group. Anybody you
bring in to replace Ricky is going to have to make some major changes. More
later. I have to go to work.

Paul M.