UCONN'S EL-AMIN HEADED TO NBA

STORRS, Conn. (AP) - Khalid El-Amin, who led Connecticut to its
only men's national title, will skip his senior year to enter the
NBA draft. "I'm a 20-year-old man and I have to take care of my
responsibilities," he said Friday. "The time is right for me to
meet the next challenge and play basketball at its highest
level." He and his wife have a 1-year-old son. He also has a
3-year-old son from a previous relationship. El-Amin, a stout
5-foot-10, is one of the nation's top point guards. He finished
his college career averaging 15.3 points and 4.4 assists a game.
Coach Jim Calhoun has talked to more than 20 NBA teams and feels
sure El-Amin will be taken in the first round. "He has an
incredibly competitive heart," Calhoun said. "I am supremely
confident in his ability to play in the NBA." The Huskies won the
1999 title, beating Duke 77-74 in St. Petersburg, Fla.

*** For the full story, see
http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2565505052-cb3

my 2 cents:
1)20year old and already got 2 wives? he's muslim right? (muslims are
allowed 4 wives, if one could afford it)
2)Jim Calhoun is not only a coach but a good guardian. I think this is
one of the things which Pitino wish he could do at the pro level - be a
guardian to all C's - i think it is difficult but not impossible.
3)A stout 5-10? ala Tim Hardaway? Mugsy Bogues? if so, I think El-Amin
will be a pro level player.

regards
kevin