Re: Draft

>From: Joe Hironaka <j.hironaka@unesco.org>
>Knowing that Pitino will likely leave after this year, I wouldn't be
>shocked if he mortgaged a future pick to move up in the draft to get (hip,
>hip, hurray!) a Chris Mihm type of "answer". Pitino likely wouldn't draft
>Kenyon Martin since his leg probably won't heal for a year.

I don't follow your reasoning, Joe.  If Pitino is leaving at the end of the
year, why would bother making any trades?  If he made one that improved the
team in the short term at the cost of long term potential, it would only
make his successor look good anyway.  Personally I think he'd be more apt to
make a deal like this if he was planning on one more year, just to prove
he's not a total flop, and then on to the next job.  However, and I think
you'll agree with me on this, I don't think that Pitino thinks that way
anyway.  I totally believe that every move he makes is based on what he
thinks is best for the Celtics, and will continu to do so until he leaves.

Jim