Coach

Interesting debate -- Have the C's laid down for the
caoch, does the coach not know how to function in the
NBA, both, neither? I got some good (private) blasts
for suggesting that Pitino should go. Well, that is
still my stance. The chemistry is just not there
(imho), for whatever reason. I don't think Pitino has
told the truth from the day he said before signing
with the C's that he would not leave Kentucky ("Well,
I meant it when I said it"--How Clintonesque). Anyway,
off the political path, I think it is best he go. I
agree with the post about coaching with fire in the
belly, but there is a time to let the players PLAY and
Pitino doesn't understand this. I've seen PP and KA
look at the bench to see what play to run and if you
screw it up or get a foul you are yanked. In any job,
who wants to be yelled at the whole shift? At some
point, you either crumbe to the pressure or tuine the
coach out. Now, I believe Wallace should also go, as
either he doesn't understand the cap, likes to overpay
mediocre talent, or listens too much to what the coach
wants. Start from scratch. Who picks the GM? I don't
know. Gaston, I guess. As for coaches, I'm through
with people from the college ranks. Let them learn on
someone else's time. Bird? No, he wouldn't want it and
I wouldn't want him. I'm not stuck on C's only, but if
I had to choose, my short list would be Cowens or DJ.
Chris Ford did a hell of a job, imo. Still don't know
how the C's made the playoffs in '95. Cowens turned
Charlotte around and if he can deal with Anthony Mason
he can deal with Twoine. Silas is also doing a good
job with Charlotte. I think had Pitino had not come
along DJ would still be in the system and next in
line. He was a great defensive player and would relate
to the players. He would have their respect
(hopefully) from have championship rings. Wilkens, no.
Fratello, no. He choked in Atlanta and implemented a
slow it down NY style in Cleveland that ultimately
failed. Slow it down won't work in Boston, that is for
sure. Hey, how 'bout Kareem? Lol.

>>Cowens (has he already been offered/taken the G/S
job. ?)
Chuck Daly -Would he even consider
Larry Larry Larry ?
Chris Ford ?