Going to try to sign Fortson

Here's part of CBS Sportsline's Celtics Report

Sorry if someone already posted it!

Josh Farber
>>>Noteworthy
QUICK DRIBBLES: General manager Chris Wallace said the Celtics will attempt
to sign forward Danny Fortson, who was acquired from Denver in the Ron
Mercer trade, to a longterm contract. Fortson is in the last year of his
rookie contract, the same as Mercer, who wanted more than the Celtics were
willing to pay. The Celtics have until Oct. 1 to extend contracts of their
own players, or wait until they become free agents next July 1. . The
Celtics' exhibition schedule includes two games each against Utah, Atlanta,
Charlotte and Washington. The Oct. 23 meeting against Utah will be held at
Lexington, Ky., Pitino's last college stop, and the Oct. 15 game against
Atlanta will be held in Providence, R.I., where Pitino also coached in
college.

QUOTEWORTHY: Auerbach on Bird's recent revelation of a heart condition at
the end of his career: "You (media) guys amaze me. Why now? If it was really
big news, don't you think it would have come out before now? He's got a
book"<<<