Re: URL: Clippers May Move Taylor (Time For Another Celtics Trade)

>     Under the new CBA, a rookie signs for four with an option for a fifth,
> and can't be signed to a new contract until after the third year?

I believe the contract is for three guaranteed years with a team option
for the fourth. Before the fifth year, the rookie becomes a restricted free
agent: the incumbent team may match any offers from other teams, which
I think must be at least three years long. But there are a lot of things
that I am still curious about. What happens if the rookie gets no offers
in the fifth year, for instance?

Alex