RE: Way's/Gene's trade idea

I would not can Ron Mercer, a guy that shoots about 20% from 3 point land a
scoring 2 in the league of a Reggie Miller, Sprewell, Richmond, etc.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com]On Behalf Of
Jim Meninno
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 1999 7:04 AM
To: Jlyell@concentric.net; kevin.lok@lycosmail.com; celtics@igtc.com
Subject: RE: Way's/Gene's trade idea

>From: "John Lyell" <Jlyell@concentric.net>
>
>...but we have Fortson already and really need a scoring 2 so Pierce can
>move to the 3 spot.

Someone like Ron Mercer, maybe?  If Pitino agreed with this assessment, it
would have been Antoine that was traded, and not Mercer.

Did anyone watch the Celts/Wiz replay last night?  I don't often watched
taped games, so it was a pleasant refresher for me.  A couple things struck
me.  First, I forgot just how much the Celtics substitute.  I think Pitino
deals more in "lineups" than individual player positions. Can Pierce play
the two?  The question becomes more, can he, Kenny, Antoine, Fort and Pot
play well together?

The other thing that struck me was how bad Cal Cheaney looked.  He'd be on
the court, and it would take me minutes just to find him.  And, he looked
really thin.

Jim