Re: C's Waive Eric Washington

Actually, once Conlon was signed, it was evident that someone was
going to go and that Washington was probably that person, because
there were 16 players on the roster. Washington was only getting
minutes at the ends of games when three-point shooting was necessary.
Given his contract status (expiring in one year) and him being a
smaller shooting guard (6'4") than Pitino seems to like, it's not
surprising to see him go.

I don't see any connection with Eric Williams, who has a long-term
contract and has been getting regular minutes. It's not like Pitino
actually "soured" on Eric Washington. He was a throw-in to make the
trade work and nothing more, and I don't think Pitino ever indicated
that he expected Washington to contribute at all.

Alex