Re: Spintino-speak

>From: Mark Estepp <EsteppJM@appstate.edu>
>
>I'm telling you, guys, this is Spintino-speak.  What he is REALLY saying is
>"I hate to leave the Celtics.  This is the greatest job in all of sports.
>But I can't stay with a team that won't spend the money necessary to bring
>in a winner.  That is why I am taking over the basketball program at
>Po-dunk Community College....."

Doesn't it make more sense that Pitino simply doesn't want to say bad things
about Ron Mercer in an interview given at the University of Kentucky?  It's
not that Rick doesn't have any money to spend, just that he'd rather spend
it on players like Battie and Fortson than Mercer.  And, given Tony's new
contract, he might be able to sign them both for what Mercer wanted.

Jim