Re: Weight for it....

of course it's too early to mail in the damn
season...intrinsic in the east's parity is the
presence of possibility...it's funny, i read a
preseason publication yesterday that had pierce ranked
as the 3rd best small forward in the east, kenny
anderson the 7th best point, fortson the 4th best
power forward, and toine the 6th...however, when
reading our teams' "capsule," our positional grades
were considerably lower than virtually every other
team in the east...example, new jersey's frontcourt
(sans williams, no doubt) was rated a "B+," whereas
ours was a "B-..."

i think a lot of fans read into such unwarranted
doomsday scenarios...i, however, look to pitino's
36-win record two years ago on a team with a rookie
hybrid a point, a rookie mercer, and a starting
mccarty and declerq...

anyone who suggests that today's team doesn't have a
chance--a GOOD chance, even--of making the playoffs in
the parity-riddled east simply doesn't understand
either the ability and potential of this team, or the
lack thereof in the conference...

peace, -K9

=====