Re: Weight for it....

>From: Theresa Lee <tjoyce@MIT.EDU>
>There are many more focal points beyond Antoine.

>From: damekmo@teleport.com
>Pitino says their execution at the end of the game was the best he's seen
>in two years. Walker's and Pierce's numbers were excellent. Their passing
>is much improved over last year. Progress everywhere. It's only game 3 of
>the preseason. Antoine's lost 10 pounds and he'll lose ten more if he needs
>to by the time the season opens. Progress....it's all good so far.

I agree with all of this, and I do expect improvement this year.  It's just
worrying me that everyone else seems to get it and has worked their butts of
this summer except, apparently, the Celtics captain.  If he's always going
to be the type of player who gives everything on the court, but doesn't work
very hard off it (this was how I compared him to Barkley, not the size of
his butt), does that have any implications for future success?   I don't
know.  I really think this uncharacteristic pessimism of mine is due to a
Red Sox hangover, but I really didn't expect Antoine to be 20 lbs overweight
when he was specifically told not to be.  And, I also didn't think Pitino
would cover it up ("everyone came into camp in phenominal shape").  I guess
that's where the talk started of stripping Antoine of his captaincy, and I'm
not sure that's a bad idea, but who else do you choose?

Jim