Weight for it....

Does anyone listen to the games on the radio?  I was going to pick up a
pizza and Howard and Max were talking about how Antoine reportedly came into
camp at 255, is now down to 245 and needs to get to 235.  Hardly the triple
chin, Oliver Miller scenario, but enough to piss me off nonetheless.

I'm a fan of Antoine's, but I'm beginning to wonder if we don't have
basically a Charles Barkley on our hands.  Albeit a much nicer person, for
what that's worth.  They're both extremely talented, fierce competitors on
the court, but seem to lack something off it.  Call it discipline or
dedication, but it just might be the factor that wins championships.  How
many rings has Chuck got?  This worries me.  On the other hand, they're both
a lot closer to the type of player that gets you somewhere than anyone else
we have (even Pierce) or are likely to get in exchange for Walker (eg Vin
Baker).

Somebody cheer me up.  I invested too much in the Sox recently and I need to
think somebody in Boston is at least heading in the direction of a
championship.  The Sox are going to be perennial bridesmaids, I'm afraid,
with only a hope of taking it all.  I want to celebrate for real!

Jim