From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com]On Behalf Of
Sent: Monday, October 18, 1999 4:58 AM
To: Elgin W Booth
Cc: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: what we got, what we need

> Only 2, not bad.  Walker seems to be playing about the same way he did
> last year.  God I wish he could jump!! He gets his shot blocked way too
> much for a 6-9 guy.  He drives in for the layup and get blocked all the
> time.

I may be wrong, but if hes playing about the same way he did last year then
that would have to be a major plus imho - Think about it - he apparently was
overweight entering camp (proven not to be true?) and hes already playing
about the same he did last year and hes still trying to get the cobwebs out
of
the body - this leads to in my opinion that he may infact have had a solid
pre-season and is ready to play well above his performance last year. Great
news.

> Best Players so far: Paul Pierce, Eric Williams, Danny Fortson, Tony
> Battie
>
> Eric Williams is just an animal down low.  He is instant offense and gets
> to the line better than any other Celtic. I was mad when they traded him
> in the first place.  What a dumb move.  Pintino is redeeming himself now.
> Williams looks better than ever.  Fortson is exactly what we wanted.  A
> REBOUND THUG!! He's great.  Pierce has been solid.  Not really looking for
> his offense yet.  He will. I think Battie has a shot for Most Improved
> Player.  He will have a breakout year.

We did a monster trade. Think about it;
We traded some free agent $$$, three lottery picks, two second round draft
picks and a lot of players who we had under the untradeable players
inexchange
for a premium shot blocker (Battie), an animal rebounder (Fortson), a
veteran
point guard (Kenny Anderson), a starting quality center (Potapenko) and a
scrub (Washington) - that to me is a very even trade. Comments?

> If there's one thing this team lacks, it's outside shooting definitely.
> Could use another long range shooter or a true shooting guard to come off
> picks.  Maybe Calbert can help us.

  Thats what Dana will add when he gets back into the thick of things,
Washington can shoot.