Re: NBA.com Q&A with Kenny Anderson

> >From: Alex Wang <awang@mit.edu>
> >
> >What does he mean about Antoine Walker getting the big contract? Who >is
> >"they" in that sentence?
> >
> >I think they gave Antoine Walker a hard time, getting all that money.
>
> I agree that Kenny isn't the most eloquent guy in the world, but this
> doesn't seem too confusing.  I believe he's talking about the toing and
> froing that went on before the lockout regarding Antoine's salary, and how
> the Celtics would not spend over a certain amount.  Now, all that became
> moot when the cba limited salaries, but there was a very difinite
> confrontation brewing, remember.  Kenny could also be talking about the fans
> giving Antoine a hard time, but it doesn't sound that way to me.

The confusing part to me was the context in which he answered it. The
original question was, did it surprise him that Mercer got traded?
Kenny says, no, it's a business, and then has this Walker comment.
Maybe he means that the Celtics even gave Antoine, their best player,
a hard time in contract negotiations so it's not surprising that they
didn't give Mercer the contract he wanted. It just seemed like the
comment was somewhat out of place.

Alex