Hmm

VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- Ron Mercer scored 24 points to lead the Denver
                          Nuggets to their first preseason win, a 106-94
victory over the Vancouver Grizzlies on
                          Sunday.

                          Raef LaFrentz added 17 points and nine rebounds, and
rookie James Posey scored 19 as the
                          Nuggets snapped a three-game losing streak. Mercer,
acquired in a six-player deal from
                          Boston in August, has led the Nuggets in scoring in
each of their four games.

OK, once again I know I am a Celtics partisan. But is there are correlation
between the fact that the Nugs have lost 3 of 4, and the fact that Mercer has
led them in scoring each time? The guy is shooting under 45%, and averaging 2
apg and a truly pathetic 1.8 rpg.