Re: Disillusioned

I would have to disagree with you on this point.  The guy is solid as
hell, I don't see a lot of fat on his body.  He has got to be the third
strongest guy in the NBA behind Shaq and Karl Malone.  The mass and
strength are the main forces behind his great rebounding.

It definitely is a shame about his leaping ability. Like I wrote before,
he blew out his knee when he was younger and was never a great leaper at
Cincinnati.  He has put on quite an amount of mass since he's entered the
NBA and I suspect that this has detracted from his leaping ability as
well.  Maybe they can find a way to work on it?  Plyometrics?
Conditioning? Some sort of strength program for his legs although I doubt
that is a problem.

Anyway, don't expect him to a savior.  He is mainly a rebounder, not much
of a scorer.  Mainly putbacks off of rebounds and an occasional low-post
move.  He does play smart and what did we all say last year.  WE NEED A
REBOUND THUG! We got one!!

Count on Battie and Pot for the points down low.  Let Fortson do his
thing.  I can already see a difference from last year.  Give the Hornets
credit, they played well and they were hitting everything. Our slow start
hurt us.  We outscored them in the 2nd half. I can already sense
improvement on this team. WE'RE GONNA BE FINE.