Re: Rockets waive Augmon

Kevin Lok wrote:

> Hi
>
> I remember last time when Augmon was drafted ninth, Red said he actually like him. So, should we pick him off waivers? I think Augmon's a player with an ego,  a team-first ego that is.
>
> Kevin

Hi Kevin. I agree with you. I always liked Stacey Augmon, even though I loathed UNLV.

I felt sure at one time he could be a more athletic version of Michael Cooper, or another Rodney McCray, and that he was the sort of "fifth starter" who's name is somehow always associated
with championship-calibre teams. He was the "Havlicek" to Larry Johnson's "Jerry Lucas" at UNLV.  Shows you what I know about basketball. Oh well.

Joe

p.s. I can't believe I'm finally checking out NBA (exhibition game) boxscores again. Still, I'm amazed (and I guess impressed) that list-members might be conflicted about whether to watch
a meaningless pre-season basketball game or the first Yankee-Red Sox playoff series in baseball history. As Ozersky might say, "what are you guys on drugs?" I don't know or care on which
cable channel the Celts are playing the night of Clemens vs. Pedro in game three at Fenway Park. If there is any mercy or justice in the world, we will beat back the Yankees club in seven
and then pound the crap out of the NY Mutts in the World Series. Every Red Sox fan is like Charlie Brown in a world 100% populated by Lucy's.  I thought I was over it, but this season is
eventually going to hurt as much as anything can hurt. I will take every desperate measure necessary to try and spare my kids from also becoming lifelong Red Sox fans. As long as they "go
the distance" (as in Rocky I) and don't humiliate themselves this year, I'll have to be satisfied. As a former New York resident, I know that the Red Sox-Yankees are not even a "rivalry"
except in our own pathetic imaginations (at least we aim high). That club totally and absolutely owns us, even more than the Celts own the Lakers. New Yorkers don't "hate" the Red
Sox....they are indifferent. Really, it will take a sweet miracle to beat those bullies in any meaningful game. Sorry, this post must be annoying to a lot of people. Please trust that I'll
stick to the subject (our Celts) once the real games begin. Apologies, Kevin and the rest of you.

p.p.s. Although my e-mail address seems to have changed to "Opi", I kindly ask Jim Mennino and the rest of you to not send me messages asking how "Aunt Bee" and "Andy" are doing these
days. I'll have this problem fixed eventually. It was some sort of mix up between the two PC's I work on. "OPI" stands for (UNESCO's) "Office of Public Information".

****