columnists

Maybe Ray just picks the worst ones to forward to the list, but you have to
wonder - is there some special "dumb farm" where they breed basketball
columnists, selecting for low intelligence and vicious disposition ? Or are they
self-selected? You know, after they drop out of the third grade, they look at
their career options and say, "well, I' m really stupid, can barely read and
write, don't know anything about basketball, the NBA, its teams, players, and
coaches, but I am willing to wantonly rip into people, so maybe I'll become a
basketball columnist?"
Seriously now, I know they're not ALL like that, but I find it amazing that most
of the *fans* who post to this list know much more about basketball and the NBA
(not to mention the Celtics) than all but a few basketball columnists, both
Internet and print media alike. It's disappointing to me as a consumer that most
of them know much less about their subject than I do. When, for example, was the
last time any of you have seen a dissection of a team's offensive or defensive
tactics in a basketball column? It's all recycled rumors and potshots, or, at
best, platitudinous "profiles".

Kestas