PITINO ON THE RADIO TODAY SAYS (Part 1)....

- "The Celtics Will Make The Playoffs This Season" - Il Duce was very
emphatic when he he said this. The reasons he stated: The C's improved
depth, the weakness of the Eastern Conference, and the Celtics style.

- Red wanted the Celtics to draft Danny Fortson during the 1997 draft;
Chris Wallace wanted Tony Battie; Pitino took Billups relying on
what his people told him, but he had last seen Billups play
in high school....

- If the Celtics hadn't taken Mercer sixth, he would had fallen to
11 or 12...

- Championship teams, for the most part, need three All-Star players;
only recent example Pitino could think of, that did it with two All
Stars was Houston (I would say San Antonio); Pierce and Walker
constitute the two Celtics all-stars, if they keep improving. For the
C's
to win a championship, they will have to be like that Houston team
and use their 4 through 11 depth (I think Pitino will trade for another
All-Star player using the Denver pick in a package deal).

Ray