Re: Pippen Professional?

Josh makes a strong case and one that's probably fair and accurate.
Still, my take is that the Bulls ultimately won despite Pippi's prissy
attitude, thanks granted to his stellar defense on his man but above all
because MJ was MJ.

If Walker was to somehow replicate Barkley's 1999 stats (4.6apg, 12.3rpg
and .478FG%), I would expect him to start in the millennial All Star
game. One thing I noticed about the Round Mound when reviewing his 1999
stats is that he really stepped up in the playoffs last year (23.5ppg,
13.8 rebounds, 3.8 assists, .529FG%) even if poor Pippi insists it was
Chuck's fault that everything went wrong.

Give Phil Jackson credit for getting so much out of a guy who treats
quitting, pouting and whining as a perfectly natural ways to live a
life. Having said this, I think that the Flakers are a good notch below
Portland, Houston and the Spurs no matter where Pippen lands. I just
hope Pitino doesn't get swept back into the Pipi sweepstakes, because I
simply don't like that player and would have a bit of difficulty rooting
for him to succeed. Thankfully, a 14+ million cap slot may be too rich
for our blood no matter how highly Pitino values his game, regardless of
whether someone reports Scottie was spotted at Logan airport during
Ryder Cup weekend.

Go Celts!

Joe

p.s.  There's a photo and video gallery of Kevin McHale at NBA.COM which
I'm sure you will all check out. If anyone out there has a video of
Kevin's 56 point game please let me know. Celts video meister Ed Ag told
me awhile ago that he was able to actually contact McHale about it and
discovered that even Kevin doesn't own a copy of the video. I remember
listening to that game --and the 43 pointer against Detroit the next
night -- on the radio. I don't recall if either game was even televised.

---