So, why not play the guy??

Pitino to Peter May:

'We've played well as a team,'' Pitino said. ''But our parts are not playing
well. That's true mostly of this team. I think it'll come on at the end of the
year. Paul [Pierce] is not playing his [best] basketball ... Kenny [Anderson]
started off good, but ...

''The only ones playing great basketball, by himself, are two people: Adrian
[Griffin] and Eric [Williams]. I think [the rest] are going to come on and
play better basketball, especially at the defensive end. Defense is our
Achilles' heel right now.''

Why is Walluh McDullah getting minutes that could be going to Williams, who is
the only guy on the team (I believe) shooting above 50% (and making better
than 80% of his free throws). When he gets the minutes, he can be instant
offense, which our scoring-starved second unit needs a lot more than it needs
Chicken Man flapping around out there and hoisting threes.

Is Pitino merely praising Williams to try to boost his trade value? Or have I
just answered my own question?