Re: Substitutions

Exactly, I remember when Bird Parish and McHale and Dennis Johnson could
barely walk off the court after the games, talk about big minutes being
played game after game. These last few 4th quarters it seems these guys are
out of gas, lethargic sort of. I thought they were supposed to be in such
great shape. Except for Pots and Ellison who get 2 	quick fouls, I don't
understand why the Pierce, Walker, Anderson and Griffin can't stick it out
till 2-3 minutes of the 2nd quarter at least. Walker played 31, Pierce 31,
Anderson 33 and Griffin 35, sure it was a back to back but next 6 days off.
Nurses are doing doubles and doing it much better.

At 11:42 AM 11/28/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Do any of you remember the "green team"?  I believe it was Chris Ford who
used that - and I never liked it.  Mass substitutions are not a good idea
in my opinion - the starters need a breather, but to simply replace them
with a second team is not good.  That loss was Pitino's doing.  If it ain't
broke, don't fix it.  If they were tired, they'd have six days to rest up,
right?