Walton

Got to see a young Princeton team take on a tough Ohio University last night
as they played a neutral site game in Halifax.  Princeton is very young but
play in the inimitable Tiger passing style while the Bobcats are very
athletic and get up and down the court in an eyelash.

A starter at forward for the Prince was Nate Walton, who at 6'7" and 210
pounds, does not bear much of a resemblance to his father, Bill from the
neck down.  Though, he worked real hard inside and had an assortment of
inside moves.  He does have the curly red hair though :-)  Ohio U won 68-60
in overcoming a 5 point halftime deficit primarily by utilizing the talent
of forward Shaun Stonerook, a transfer from Ohio State.  Walton had 14
points and 6 boards.  Prince also boasts 6'11" center, Chris Young who was
Ivy League rookie of the year last year in basketball and co-rookie of the
year in baseball where he stars as a RHP with a 93 mph fastball.

Princeton coach Bill Carmody has some fine blood lines on his bench.  As
well as Walton, he has freshman, Cameron Carr, son of NBA veteran, Kenny
Carr and one of his assistant coaches is John Thompson III.  As we
talked while waiting for the camera crew to set up, I found out that Carmody
knows Bill Kingston, my first basketball coach in Holliston.  Kingston
lettered 3 years with the Tigers and played 3 years with Bill Bradley.
Carmody says Kingston is back in New Jersey now and his children attend
Carmody's basketball camp.

Ohio coach Larry Hunter is about as intense a coach as I've ever seen and
was a fine ambassador for the game, as was his wife who graciously granted
me an interview to discuss the life of a coaches wife.

Here's hoping we can keep Rider and Jackson under control tonight.

Cecil

My ICQ# is 12716333
Page me online through my Personal Communication Center:
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/12716333 (go there and try it!)
Send me E-mail Express directly to my computer screen
12716333@pager.mirabilis.com