Fellowship of the miserable

If you listen to some of the more negative people on the list, you'd
think that the Celtics somehow have a winning record despite having
inferior personnel acquired by an incompetent GM directed by a
clueless coach. It's a lot easier to complain about things that go
wrong in hindsight than to actually do them well.

We have people criticizing Pitino for trades he doesn't make, or for
not making trades that we don't even know are possible. It's easy to
look good as an armchair GM because you don't have to be realistic at
all. It's easy to rip Pitino for not acquiring a couple of true centers
who can not only block shots but play strong man-to-man defense and
score inside so that we can compete with the Spurs.

We also have a lot of second-guessing of Pitino's coaching, which is
fine, but remember that second-guessing is a lot easier than actually
doing it. It's easy to say, the Celtics should pass the ball well,
take good shots, and play good man-to-man defense but getting the
players to do that well is another matter. They're not exactly pawns
on a chessboard that do the coach's bidding.

Alex