RE: Ruben Patterson is wicked...

Patterson played for the Lakers last year and in the Summer league than was
released. I do not recall guys going after him.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com]On Behalf Of
Elgin W Booth
Sent: Monday, November 22, 1999 6:20 AM
To: Jaime Salud Castillo, Jr.
Cc: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: Ruben Patterson is wicked...

Actually, the Celtics did go after Patterson during the summer. They were
looking to use their exception to sign him.  However, he played for the
Sonics in the summer league and they had the inside track on him.

So the Celts signed Cheaney. Maybe Pitino does have an eye for talent!

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Jaime Salud Castillo, Jr. wrote:

> Man, how come we didn't go after Ruben Patterson???  I've been catching a
lot of his highlights now in every sports news on TV!  Did he sign with the
sonics thru the 2Million excemption (the one we gave Cheaney)

> This Patterson guy is really wicked!  Slashing power driver type.  How I
wish we could have signed this guy instead of Cheaney.