From: W
To: Jaime Salud Castillo, Jr.
Cc: celtics@igtc.com
Sent: Monday, November 22, 1999 10:41 PM
Subject: Re: Trades?

Jaime Salud Castillo, Jr. wrote:

  I love reading trade fantasies in this list.  I myself, fantasize about trading our "Franchise player" (Walker) to either of these players: 1. Webber (very unlikely bcoz of success in Sacramento and his huge salary)2. Tim Duncan (Most unlikely coz it would cost us to give up the whole team)3. Mutombo (feasible but he's at the end stage of his career)4. Rasheed Wallace5. Brian Grant
  Why do you want Dikembe Mutombo? Many people say that Vitaly and Danny are too slow to utilise Rick's coaching to the fullest. Yet, you want a guy who is a step slower than those two. Why? Why? Why?

He has no offense. He doesn't do anything on defense until blocking a shot. He has proven even with an All-Star quality backcourt that he cant carry his team deep into the post season. He is ten years older than the one of the few triple double threats in the NBA and you're willing to give it up for him?

As for Rasheed Wallace - why?

What does Rasheed offer the Celtics that Antoine cannot provide? I like Rasheed, but he is not as good as Antoine Walker.

Brian Grant; we have Danny Fortson? Why do we need another guy who doesn't do much in other categories than blocks. Brian Grant does not alter many shots or block many for that matter (check his blocks stats).