No Subject

I lost the notes so it's just what I remember off the top of my head.

Pitino talked about how Kenny was one of the premiere point guards in
the league with the way he was playing, especially since he had stepped
up his play in the offseason. He made an interesting comment about how
Kenny and Antoine would tell him that they didn't want to be traded
because they'd hear their name in the media. He basically responded that
because of their salaries, he couldn't trade them if he wanted them.

He interviewed Adrian Griffin. Adrian talked about his experiences
in the CBA, staying in cheap hotels with a roommate, flying in coach
with no leg room, eating at Denny's, etc. Pitino asked him if not
going back to the CBA was motivation for him, but then said, "Don't
worry, you're not going back."

In the Coaches' Clinic, he talked about "closing the window" on
defense. Basically they wanted to drive the offensive player baseline
and trap them, and then cut off all his passing lanes. When a player
is in the middle of the court, it's essential to contain him because
otherwise he'll drive middle and create open looks for his teammates.
He showed some replays of the Celtics making steals by driving the
player baseline and then picking off his pass when he tries to pass
it back away from the basket.

Alex