random thoughts before tonight's game

Given Celtics' M.O. this season, I'll be surprised if they win tonight.

I fear that Battie's asnwer to Russell's question to the players
(roughly: "OK, you got the money. Now what?") is, "Sit back and relax.".

If Pitino hadn't given McCarty a contract, would Waltuh still be in the
NBA? He makes Battie (39% FG, 5.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg) look like an All-Star.

Whither Barros's patented move, where he turns the defender on a pick
and heads to the hole for a running bank shot/lay-in? It ought to be
even more effective in these new, freer times.

Glad to see Pitino recognizing that Ellison still has more talent left
in him than Potapenko, all his hard work notwithstanding, will ever
have. Of course, counting on it for a longer than a day-to-day basis
would be foolish, but we should ride it while it lasts.