RE: Ron or Antoine?

True Mercer's career doesn't equate to what Walker has done.  I am more
curious as to why Walker is not playing up to par this season.  (Hence the
Mercer comparison.  I was saying for what Walker has done so far this year
we could've had Ron Mercer do it cheaper.)  I'd be curious to see how many
double-double's Walker has this year in comparison to Pierce and Griffin.

> But bringing up Mercer is dumb. Sadly enough for them, a
> Bowen or McCarty can
> also try to guarantee you a double-double every 140 NBA games
> or so. But at
> least they don't need 39.4 starter minutes per game to make
> good on that
> promise. To the extent that non-scoring stats are relevant in
> terms of team wins
> and losses, Ron Mercer has stood out within the entire NBA as
> one of the least
> well-rounded players, even when we gratuitously add into the
> equation all the
> benchwarmers and scrubs of the league in an effort to make
> Mercer's case seem
> more palatable.
>
> -----

Ryan

"School is the process of taking beautiful kids who are filled with life,
and beating them into happy  slavery" - Bill Talcott
My web page(s)
   http://www.acm.vt.edu/~rmchale
"Have fun!", "Don't let life get you down" - Me