Re: Celtics Center Update

At 10:49 AM 11/18/99 -0500, you wrote:
>A Hard Month Ahead

I don't see December being that bad. A possible 8-6 might happen looking at
the schedule. Don't see worse than 500. March and April could be very big
for us. Our next 4 of 6 will be troublesome. I always look at this team
with the high beams on, and I see a good team developing, if Anderson stays
healthy. Somehow Overton has to get some minutes to develop something, if
even a little confidence. It may happen but Barros doesn't seem to know the
concept yet.

>by Josh Ozersky
cut

>The problem, and this is the other thing, is that December is not a good
time for on-the-job training.  Just next week we have the Spurs, the
Pacers, the Heat, and the Bucks.  Those are four highly losable games.  The
Cavs win was incredibly important, because of the narrative it erased - it
was getting harder and harder to say that the Pistons and Chicago defeats
were just flukes, and a good win against a quality opponent was becoming
lost in the mists of antiquity.  Still, you lose three or four games in a
row, and pandemonium, to quote Johnny Mercer, is liable to walk onto the
scene.  The team needs to go into december at least at .500, which means
they have to win at least two of these four games.  December is a
nightmare:  New York,  Miami, the Sixers the next night, Houston twice, San
Antoinio, Utah, the Lakers, the Kings, and the Cavs in their building.  But
we also get the clips and two shots at Denver, which I assume mssrs.
Battie, Williams, and for the second game DA!
>NNY FORTSON, will be looking fo
>
>So let's not get carried away with our victories, except of course against
LA and Philadelphia.  There is much season to go, and we will know a lot
more about the Y2K Celtics in Y2K.