Re: Domon Jones

Hi Greg,  if I recall correctly Damon Jones didn't play in the Fila Summer Pro
League, so the only way he could really protect his roster spot was for Turner
(and Kevin Ollie, Marlon Garnett) to fall flat on his face out there.
Unfortuanately for Damon Jones, Turner did play well enough out there against
what in retrospect was weak competition. Eric Washington is another guy who
didn't participate much this summer, and it seems to have cost him a fair
chance to make the team also.

The real question for me is not "too bad about Damon Jones" but rather why
Pitino would hand a guaranteed veteran salary to a Doug Overton -- with ZERO
games worth of a tryout playing his system and a subpar NBA point guard
resumé-- instead of a winner (Turner) who at least knows how to run the Pitino
system since he was a teenager and had played fairly well through 22 summer
and pre-season games. I'm not really criticizing Pitino. I know there MUST
have been a good reason.

As far as I'm concerned, Overton and Conlon are scraping the bottom of the
barrel in terms of "veteran" NBA talent. They seem less useful or promising
than anything we had in the entire ML Carr and early-Pitino regime, including
Todd Day.

Joe

-----