Re:

I think, Opi you missed the point.  My post was not meant to be about Antoine missing the three - it was meant to point out that for once Tommy was being critical of something - it just happened to be Antoine.  It could have been any player who was doing something ill advised.  Guess I didn't make myself clear - sorry about that.  Announcers should be able to point out mistakes as well as cheer the good plays, don't you think?  That's why I like Cousy - he calls it as he sees it and I like that - no matter which player it happens to be.
Dorine
----- Original Message -----
From: opi@unesco.org
To: Celtics@igtc.com
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 1999 10:16 AM

Oh c'mon, say what you want about Antoine's 1-6 shooting on 3-pointers
the other night, but overall it's hard to argue that it is a not a high
percentage shot for him. Despite one horrendous night, he's knocked down
.444 of them so far this year (12-27) as compared to Pierce's perfectly
solid benchmark of .360 (9-25 is the equivalent of a deadly .540 on
regular two-pointers). Granted Toine misses a ton of them, but it's
amazing how many of his "lucky shots" go in.

Joe

------