Re: If Kenny's out

>From: W <titans@ihug.com.au>
>Point Guard - Adrian Griffin
>Comments?

It's moments like this that make me wonder why I read this list so
religiously.  Warwick, Troy, Dan, you can not just move a small forward with
5 games of NBA experience to point guard.  If you could, there would be no
need for the likes of Doug Overton on the roster.  You know, Adrian is
great, I love him, but he's not Magic Freaking Johnson folks.  As smart and
as savvy as he is, Adrian would be overwhelmed by having to advance the ball
up the court some 50 or so times in one game.  Part of the reason he looks
so good is that he doesn't try to do things that he can't.  This would fall
into that category.

Bottom line is, we need Kenny.  He controls the ball and lets everyone else
just think about getting open, not "I've got to be ready to jump out when
he's forced to pick up his dribble".  He was described by many on this list
as the biggest factor in the Celtics' success this year and that's exactly
how it's unfolding.  We know he's not the toughest guy in the league, but
that's what we've got.  Finding out that Turner is not ready for the NBA has
been a blow.  A few days ago a lot of us felt that if Kenny went down the
team would be in reasonably capable hands.  Now we're stuck with a
journeyman who's had 3 days to get adjusted to a omplicated system.  Let's
just pray Kenny shows he got a little tougher this year and comes back
quick.  And Joe, keep that Doug Overton bashing coming.  Every little bit
helps.

Jim